EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 1, 2015
By accepting the Policy, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family;
- Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links(including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups our users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust communication preferences in your profile.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
- Brand Protection Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name; and
For the avoidance of doubt, If United Points has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, United Points reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, United Points may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if United Points is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. United Points shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against United Points for such disclosure.
USING INFORMATION FROM THIS WEBSITE
We enable you to share personal information to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- fulfillment of the transaction through this website and purposes related to the transaction;
- using services offered through this website (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyse our web page flow; customise our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Website that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
NO SPAM, SPYWARE OR SPOOFING
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences in your profile so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other users of this Website, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report related spam or spoof emails to United Points, please visit our Contact UP page. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our terms and conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the Website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our Website
ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to the customer service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
July 5, 2013: We revised and added the following clarification to the section titled “Share of Your Information” to reflect our policy on this particular issue:
"For the avoidance of doubt, If United Points has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, United Points reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, United Points may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if United Points is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. United Points shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against United Points for such disclosure."